Skip to main content

Farewell Larry "Chipper" Jones

Over the weekend I attended the Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Atlanta Braves baseball game with my wife Rose.  This game was a historical baseball event as it was Chipper Jones' last game as an Atlanta Brave in Chase Field. I was lucky enough to get to meet him and I hope the rest of his last season is as great as the game was at Chase Field! Good luck Chipper!

 Chipper and I
 Chipper signing autographs
 Cool sign from a fan
 Ticket stub!
 Chipper having fun
 Waving to fans
 Chipper up to bat



To learn more about celebrities I've met, or about the Autograph industry, CLICK HERE to order your copy of my book, Autograph Hell - The Truth About Collecting

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. Chipper is my favorite player of all time. I'll be going to his last regular season game in Pittsburgh. I'm hoping I get the chance to meet him. Very awesome that you did. Again, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is the selfie the new autograph?

  By Brent Briggeman Advertisement Every time a fan pulls out a phone and asks Michael McKenry to pose for a selfie, it makes him laugh. It reminds the Rockies catcher of "The Goonies," where one of the young characters created a device that holds the camera out in front of him. "When you think about it, he's the one who invented the selfie stick," McKenry said of the kid in the 1985 film. "And it took all this time for technology to catch up." Technology has caught up, all right. Roughly 100 million selfies are taken daily according to a study from Google, those making up part of the nearly 900 billion photos snapped in a year according to Agence France-Presse. The Internet is filled with surveys that tell what your...

Celebrity Photograph

Here is an autographed picture from when I met the beautiful actress and singer Bobbie Eakes.  Bobbie Eakes is known for her role as Macy Alexander on The Bold and the Beautiful and for her role as Krystal Carey on All My Children .  Eakes received bit roles on nighttime television series, such as Cheers , before becoming successful in the soap opera genre. In the mid-1980s, she was the lead singer of the dance-pop group Big Trouble. The group released one self-titled CD in 1987.   Their single "Crazy World" charted on the U.S. singles chart, reaching #71.  She was also featured on country music singer Collin Raye's 2000 single "Tired of Loving This Way", which peaked at #50 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks charts. Do you have a picture with a singer or actress that you enjoy in your collection?  I would love for you to share it!  Leave a link in the comments! To purchase my book Autograph Hell, click HERE To purchase my new bo...

How to Preserve your Autographed Photo Collectables

I came across this article and thought it was a good one to share!  We all know that preserving your photos is very important!  What is the point of collecting autographs if the photos become faded and start to deteriorate in a few years because you don't handle them properly?  Take a look at these autograph preservation tips! 1. Acid free is the way to go - Whether you choose plastic bags, cardboard folders or frames to display your autographs, you need to make sure that the material you use is acid free. Standard bags, folders and frames are made with materials that release acids over time. These acids can make your photographs and other memorabilia fade and disintegrate. Make sure that the products that you buy to store your autographs is clearly labeled acid-free. If the package doesn't specify that, don't trust it with your photos. 2. Keep humidity low - Humidity causes moisture which can be devastating to paper products like photographs. To keep your...